Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Heart-wrenched but Not Completely Devastated

Gutted, but it just had to happen isn't it? Every single thing going against our way.

Before the game, Richmond C was asking me if he should stay up and watch the game. This was my reply.

me: then watch la
me: watch how decisions all go against arsenaL again
me: watch how we deserved to win the 4th encounter with the same team
me: AGAIN
me: but somehow
me: something just wont jadi for us


I guess there is nothing much left to say other than the fact that the semi-final spot was robbed from us so evidently that it is almost laughable. This is not a mere biased remark coming only from me, but from every single source and people who watched the match I have come across thus far. Even Gerrard the Liv captain himself couldn't directly reply the question on whether his team deserved it or not.

The most heartbreaking thing was how it looked like we were going through already with 7 mins to go and then boom. One minute later, a controversial penalty decision awarded to the opposing team fairly softly. And then suddenly everyone remembers the tug by Kuyt on Hleb last week in the penalty box and the incomprehensibility of how a penalty was not given for such an obvious foul.

We were the better team over the 2 legs but I guess that's football. It doesn't matter if a team deserves it or not, all that matter are the results at the end of the day.

Everyone praised Arsenal's football last night but it doesn't matter does it. How people hope we win the league now etc etc for our football but I guess that doesn't alter the fact that we clearly underachieved for all our beautiful football this season. Not because we didn't deserve it, but how luck and decisions all went against us every single time. By luck I mean injuries, refereeing decisions, and the sorts.

One thing's for sure at least, the Liv fans and others who trashtalk now about how Arsenal lost last night are clearly the "superficial fans" I ranted about a few posts ago.

But thankfully thus far I hadn't come across any yet.

A special thanks for the moral 'support' from fans of other clubs who all exclaimed how unlucky we were and all. It means something. One consolation I could get is that we clearly showed our quality and what we are made of last night.

If we win this weekend's EPL match, then the tiny flicker of hope for silverware suddenly becomes that much brighter. But even if we don't, with the young team we have, we have already done so much better than last season. Signs of more things to come in the seasons to come. And then I guess it'll be till next season then.

But for now, come on you gunners.





-alexeO-

No comments: