Thursday, July 26, 2007

University Carpark Dilemma

First impression of the carpark several weeks ago.

"Wah damn huge. no parking problems anymore!!"

Today, I am forced to eat my words.

The carpark is huge, but yet there are insufficient spaces. The end result?

PEOPLE SIDE PARKING AT PLACES WHICH AREN'T MEANT TO BE PARKED!!!

Their mindset: "Aiyah, as long as I set a space big enough so other cars can pass through can liau la"

Yes. So a car may be able to pass through. But ONLY IF that car succesfully makes the ONE perfect angle to avoid scratching your car you craphead.

I understand that certain people may be rushing for classes and they have no choice as all the allocated places are taken. But at least, take the initiative to really really ensure people will be able to pass 'stress-free'. Some cars are really inconsiderate. Must be the rich brats who doesn't give a damn if they damage their parents-bought chepeast car in the house.

Blame the Monash staffs too who did not find the students an alternative if there aren't any parking available. Hmmph.

Today, at the relatively somehow very congested parking area when I was departing, cars were stuck at the parking bays as people were having trouble trying to leave the carpark without leaving any scratches on their cars.

Being the erm, "not-so-good-in-judging-distance-of-object-from-car" driver, I almost died feeling the stress.



Ok bad illustration.

But I had to squeeze through to the right through the 2 side-parked cars. Which I thought was virtually impossible. I had thought of reversing all the way to avoid the trouble and fear but there were cars behind me. I also tried turning to the left to head to another exit but there were on-coming cars coming from the other direction. Thanks to the side-parked cars again, only one car may pass at a time.

So no choice. I had to pass the dreaded ring of fire.

Seeing other people attempting to pass the area isn't comforting at all. Those people struggled and they actually had other passengers in their cars looking out of the windows guiding them! I had nobody. I was alone in the 'avoid-the-car' battle.

I felt the strangely, powerful tension when it was my turn. Ok. Must-not-scratch. Must-avoid-embarassment. Many-people-behind-watching.

First right turn, unsuccessful, almost hit the car side-parked towards the left of the lane.

Had to reverse to get the proper angle. Almost had contact with the side-parked right car while reversing. But was too careful to hit the car. Then, had an angle which was the most i could ever get considering my car's position. There was no turning back now. I was already in the middle of the turn. Reversing was virtually impossible now. Heck it, scratch scratch la. No choice. Then, full right turn of steering wheel. Inched forward slowly. And..

..successfully made it. without a scratch.

WALAU! Damn lucky and proud of myself!

I had BIGGER angles to work with in the past and I banged stuff at the side at the right side twice before in my driving history. One is a stationary car parked. Another is a pillar at a shopping mall's carpark.

But this was fantastic. There was probably only ONE possible angle one could work with from my lane and I made it! I really cannot imagine how any cars bigger than mine could turn successfully. Explains why a van in front of me stopped at the side, considering what he should do.

Ok. Drove all the way home feeling all good and confident. Felt super good about myself. HAhaha. Like some pro-ass driver! People behind me at the parking bay must awe-strucked.

BWAHAHAH!

Ok. Probably not.

But people should really avoid parking at the sides. Especially if they don't park their cars nicely. :(

Then don't come back to ur car and marah marah when got scratches and all la!

ish.


Okey. Enough ranting about the carpark.

adios.



-alexeO-

No comments: