Monday, July 23, 2007

Alexeo


Beautiful skies.

Watched the pilot of Buffy the Vampire Slayer for my Contemporary Television Studies lecture this morning.

Woah the effects were really ... 90s? The vampires looked as though they forgot to remove their masks they wore at the Halloween party the night before. But to be fair, I guess you can't expect much from a 1997 series. Very 'satisfying' however to see the introduction of key characters such as Giles, the girl, and Angel. Hrmph.

Too bad I'm not that much of a Buffy fan, neither am I a fan of Sex and the City, or the Sopranos, which will be shown in the future and are among the series I can choose from for my first assignments.

Why can't they have new series i.e Heroes or Grey's Anatomy! I would definitely prefer analysing the episodes of those series rather than the ones which are pretty outdated. :( But the nice thing is that Friends and South Park would be among the more interesting series which would be shown in the near future!

Okay this post is really boring. I'm really bad at blogging about my daily life which explains why there's rarely a "today I went to bla bla bla lecture and met so and so and so"

But I like people paying attention to the things I say.

So tada. A post for people to read.

I can't state how much I actually appreciate what I'm doing now. Because for one, people don't appreciate things until they lose them and secondly, I am just very 'ordinarily' thankful if that makes sense at all.

Thankful that I'm not stuck in some course which I struggle to pass or do not enjoy, dreading attending classes everyday. Thankful that I'm not asked to calculate some mathematical equation or memorise facts till I literally drop dead on the ground.

I actually learn how to write news feature articles and get to analyse the theoretical aspects behind drama series! How cool is that?

Ok. So analysing series aren't as interesting as watching them, but hey, I got an excuse now to laze in front of the TV and just watch seasons and seasons long of American drama series. Bwahaha.

And my other units require me to argue intelligently during the many times when there are no fixed answers to a specific question. Which is cool. No right or wrong. Just what I like. Cause I always like to argue till I'm right regardless of whether I am really right or wrong in the first place. Tee-hee.

I don't mean to be teasing anyone reading this who are possibly suffering in their respective courses. Everyone has a different taste afterall. What you enjoy may not be what I enjoy and vice versa.

Okay I just blogged for the sake of blogging.

New campus = cool stuff.


-alexeO-

No comments: