Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Penang

Penang is a place located somewhere far north in Malaysia.

I already knew this some time ago but was still amused to know majority of the people there speaks hokkien!
The strong-typical-penang hokkien!!

Bwahaha.

Not only the chinese speaks the dialect. Even the Indians and Malays too. Uber hokkien state.

Geng.

I was at Penang last weekend for some chinese festival which no one who reads my blog really cares about.

And of course I just HAVE TO try the famous penang food rite?!

Dem nice!

I went to some of the places which were recommended before in Kenny's blog. Find the post on the Penang Food Guide yourself.

Anyways, I had to try the Char Kuey Teow fried by the apparently rude lady who wears a protective goggles and a shower cap.

And I did find her~
And I managed to try the CKT too!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A plate costs RM5.50.
GASP.

But.. IT WAS DAMN WORTH IT!
3 huge prawns.
And the kuey teow.. super nice. Maybe its in my mind la. But still damn nice.

And the queue was damn damn long ok. Never see before such a long queue for a CKT stall. Got another CKT stall opposite but no one was queue-ing.
O.O sad.

But I not only had to endure the super long queue. I had to endure the super long queue UNDER THE FREAKING RAIN. T_T

Got big umbrellas la for those queue-ing. But those umbrellas got holes one.
-_-
I think it's meant for the sun.

It's also quite farnee to say people protecting the CKT more than they protect themselves.
~_~

But dem nice. I recommend it to everyone!

This isn't really a food guide, and i'm a really lousy 'food-review-person'.

So I shall end this post by stating that the famous road-side Cendol was also super duper nice!
Best I ever tasted.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
*hehe*

Yummy.
Dem refreshing for a hot Malaysian day.

Actually there's another pic which I was kinda 'acting cute'.
But I don't feel like posting that. Later kena bash by people. :(

:/

I'll stop here.
ANOTHER assignment due tomorrow!
eep. :|



-alexeO-

No comments: