Saturday, March 08, 2008

My Seventh of March

I made a lame joke which really wasn't funny at all to a very nice Indian ticketing young lady in the cinema today when I was purchasing movie tickets for Step Up 2.

I was buying tickets for my friends who weren't at the counter with me and when I tried to get student rates for everyone, she didn't let me as she wanted to see everyone's student cards but I only had mine with me at that time.

Then she said,

"Nevermind la, 1 Ringgit difference only"

(I think she wasn't actually being rude/act-smart but was actually nice enough to try telling me that the price reduction was not much as it could be because the movie's price was already reduced from the normal price for some reason)

To which I happily replied,

"1 Ringgit can buy one nasi lemak! 1 nasi lemak bungkus!!"

Gg.com.

I could see from her eyes that she didn't know how to respond to my very brilliant statements. But at least she had the courtesy to manage a polite smile.

A friend who was beside me simply rolled his eyes in bewilderment.

Sometimes random things get into me for some strange unknown reason I don't know why.

The movie was very entertaining even by my standards hah. I don't easily get satisfied with movies recently and my course has made me very, very critical of the things I see on the wide screen.

I didn't have much to criticise for this movie which can only be a good thing of course. But I do have a sudden urge to wiggle my entire body now. But I also shouldn't have said that.

*

As the night enveloped itself into darkness(wah damn drama), I headed over to HELP University College(which I still don't know why people would ever go there to study sorry) with Karina and SJ and met Yasmin Ahmad in person! We had a Q&A session in which she also showed the commercials which she had made over the years..

Damn nice la some of them. One of them almost made me cry but being the manly man me of course I didn't la hahaha. Ask SJ though if she did. I wasn't quite sure. *cough* Hahaha.

Also managed a short talk with her after the session! Short as in super duper short la. But still got to snap a pic with her, got her namecard and shook her hand. *star struck*

Actually not really star struck la.. but still.. hmmm.. she IS someone afterall right right right??

*

Now you know what I did for the day! Feel proud la!

That.
Should.
Be.
All.
I.
Think.

And oh ya.

Vote wisely, peeps!!





-alexeO-

No comments: