Sunday, March 09, 2008

My Eighth of March

Ok yesterday was damn eventful.

For 15 minutes, I was Jothi, a girl from India.

There's this OneLife thing at Monash where they allow you to live through the life of someone stricken in one way or another by HIV/AIDS.

You wear these headphones and a voice will guide you through the entire exhibition thing. They rebuilt like the living conditions of the victims and the places they go to and all.

The coolest part was the clinic! This was where people from the other stories are all guided to somewhere towards the end to get tested for HIV positivity. They do this by stamping your hand! -_-

(It was actually quite malu la cause there was this volunteer acting doctor and I was thinking if she was actually laughing at us inside cause we were so serious and all hahaha. But I didn't laugh la of course.)

Jothi was the only one who was HIV negative yay lol. The rest were all positive. Then there was a bench for those people with HIV positive blood so sad. The lady in the headphones told me I was lucky and asked me to see if there was anyone on the bench with HIV positive and asked me what would I do now! Was I willing to bring them out or something! Omg put me on the spot for nothing!

So ngam there was this guy who was on the bench and then he stared at me with the saddest of eyes ever and it looked damn convincing HAHAHAHA! BUT HE WAS JUST ANOTHER MONASH FELLA IN THE EXHIBITION LA SO WEIRD IF I BRING HIM OUT RITE.

You must be thinking why was there even a Jothi in the first place in a HIV/AIDS exhibition when she wasn't even HIV/AIDS positive!

Coz right.. as far as I remembered... her parents died of the disease or something. Both her younger siblings are infected. But she's not. She has to take care of them etc etc.

Quite depressing lah. But I couldn't fully concentrate and put myself entirely into Jothi's shoes because for some strange reason there was this guy who was damn fast behind me la kept catching up to me as I went from room to room. Damn kacau zzz. I kept looking back cause I didn't want him to be next to me la.. damn potong stim rite if there was another person there. -_-

But mana tau he affected me anyway sigh.

Ok anyway I wrote a message for the HIV/AIDS patients and even bought a T-Shirt which I think the money will go for donation laa.

On the whole, the exhibition was very good and enlightening!!

*

After all that, you wouldn't believe what I did.

I went ice-skating omgz!

I have not skated in like 10 years and as far as I remember I was equally as bad as 10 years ago so shy!

I think I lost all my romantic points liao. Cannot bring girls out to ice-skate like in the movies T_T

*

Elections results out and damn good outcome for the oppositions hurray! Won many parliamentary seats and states even!

Hopefully they make full use of it now.

Okay that should be it for my 8.3.08.

One heck of a productive day by my standards hahaha.




-alexeO-

No comments: