Thursday, February 02, 2006

CNY Part 2

So after the gambling session at my grandma's place which I lost alot, we went back to the hotel. Renaissance Hotel imo, is.. good! I don't know if it's the new bed they introduced or something.. but if there's a day which I just wanna run off from society for a while, I'll go there. ;) Super comfortable and the bathroom rox too.
Speaking bout the new beds they were promoting like crazy, it comes with 3 huge pillows and nice white sheets. No more disgusting greenish/brownish blanket thing. Those are cheap. :)

Image hosting by Photobucket
They actually have this at the lobby. -_-

Image hosting by Photobucket
The beds at the room! So comfy.

Day 2 was as quiet as the quiet-est street in Malacca. So we had the usual "GONG XI FA CAI" and "HAPPY NEW YEAR" greetings. Had a gambling session too the moment we arrive after lunch. After that, my very kind hearted aunty decided to bring the 2 maids whom we brought from KL to go bersia-sia. I tagged along of course, as I wanted to test out my photography skills which..erm.. didn't turn out that fantastic.
Brought them to the big old ship made museum for some photo takings.

Image hosting by Photobucket
The Battleship. Or whatever u call it.

Also went to the A Famosa Fort as u know..the big brick structure is apparently very ..'historical'. Also felt proud to recite to them the history of Malacca as we passed by a few buildings. "Tengok bangunan itu.. dibina Belanda ketika Melaka dijajah oleh mereka.. Tengok itu! Itu Portugis bina untuk mempertahankan jajahan mereka dari Acheh.." I felt damn smart that day wei! Sejarah SPM sure A1! Unfortunately, at school, we don't only learn about the foundations of Malacca. :( Sigh.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Famosa Fort from a distance. Many visitors.

Image hosting by Photobucket
A Famosa. (play champions league soundtrack)

Also passed by 4 different religious ..how do u call that.. worship areas? There's this hindu temple, mosque, chinese temple and church. All built damn long ago!!!
And the interesting part is.. all just beside one another! Harmony man. All build around the 17th to 18th century. :) Nice feeling to your heart. Like facing history face-to-face. Chunted. Unfortunately, I was too distracted by the fact that i'm facing history until I forgot to take photographs. Sigh.

The whole day was a bore after that.. Did nothing was extremely tired so I went to bed early. My final day in Malacca, my family and I were treated to an interesting lion dance performance at the lobby of the Renaissance Hotel. Pretty cool. First time I saw the lion standing on a pillar held by many men below. Gayanya. I know they have this thing for making the lion vegetarian but this is the first time I see the lion eating the cabbage from many feet above balancing on one pillar. Damn cool!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Lion on pillar trying to reach for the cabbage.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Roar. I ownz j00.

The Wan-Tan-Mee stall which my family regularly go to at Malacca was closed that day.. So we tried another stall instead. It was quite good actually. Pretty oily but I'm okay with it. :) I'm not very picky when it comes to food. Except vegetables thx.

Image hosting by Photobucket
The mee strangely looks fatter in photographs than in real life.

Went around Malacca for some sightseeing(father's plan) and traveled back to my grandma's place again. Met up with aunty who wanted to try the Nyonya food. SO ONCE AGAIN, I left the house to eat. Zzz. The Nyonya food was pretty good.. except I was too full to finish the Nyonya Laksa. :( The Nyonya Cendol was super sweet but I like it. Damn refreshing. The Nyonya Rojak thingy was okay.. like any other Rojak. Not a big Rojak fan here. :(

Image hosting by Photobucket
Nyonya Bee-Hoon Laksa

Image hosting by Photobucket
Nyonya Cendol

Image hosting by Photobucket
Half eaten Nyonya Rojak. -_-

Image hosting by Photobucket
This is the stall if you wanna try. Apparently it's a house-made-stall. Very long inside. This man looks happy to be posing for me.

Then went back to Grandma's place ONCE AGAIN for our final goodbyes and see you next year that kinda thing. The trip there was pretty good and the most important part was being able to stick together as a family even after this many years. I don't think many families would be able to meet for like what..so many years in a row already? Hmm. :/

Next year, there's a possibility of me not celebrating CNY at home anymore. :/
But the possibility is still not high so I'll just screw it for the moment. :)

So,
CNY reunion gone.
College's starting again.

Life is gonna be as dull as the journey back to KL.

Image hosting by Photobucket
woosh~


-alexeO-

No comments: