Sunday, February 19, 2006

SSC Sports Day 2006

I just came back from SSC Sports day at Matsushita Stadium.
Damn hot(as usual).
Never thought yellow(my old house at school) would actually win it and I was correct.

It's nice seeing my old teachers once again. Some welcomed us gracefully some tried to ignore us by looking all over when we were 5 feet away. Fags. Now I know who actually cares and who doesn't.

It's nice seeing a sports day from a spectator's perspective. I'm not anymore involved in it so it was pretty cool.Watching the events really did bring back memories.

I thought about the time Praveen and Izman from red caught up to the yellow runner, Jazlan at the 200m race. I thought about the time Allen overtook Teck Eng at the 4X100. I thought about the time they announced us the winners of the cheerleading competition. I thought about the time we had wide smiles and grins on every yellow member when we had a feeling we had won. I thought about the time Kelvin led the cheer when we took the cheerleading trophy. I thought about the time they announced us overall winners. I thought about the time we threw whatever object we could find around us. I thought about the happiness of winning, and the happiness of seeing heartbroken and slightly embarassed faces of the blue house members. I thought about the time we celebrated, had this never ending smiles on our faces and the satisfaction of knowing all the hard work paid off.

I thought alot.
It was good, excellent memories. To be cherished for eternity.

Yellow got 2nd this year. Blue won. First time this ever happened in the SSC Sports Day history. The order I meant.. Blue, Yellow, Red. Ppl are probably wondering why I still spend so much time thinking about the fate of yellow house this year and the years to come.

It is because. Yellow has became a part of me. I was a yellow since SSC was ever born till my final years. I had to overcome strong critcisms, defended for the house, fought for the house, got burnt in the sun for the house, trained march past every single day for the house, motivated the members of the house, and most importantly stuck with my house on their highs and lows. We got 3rd 4 times out of 8.
We won 2. The rest we got 2nd including this year.
I hate ppl who badmouth his or her house when they are doing badly or lost the previous year. I hate ppl who changes their houses after their house lost.

But I didn't.
I stood tall and proud(well not really proud)

And one of the happiest thing that happened in my SSC history was winning the house cup last year with my buddies.
It signified so much.. my and our efforts combined together into winning it.

I have to admit I was abit affected by the results just now.. but not as much as few years back.

All I have to say is.. if SSC do have the fair system played, following every regulation.. the results will differ I'm sure. To lose will not be a big problem too.
Because we know we lost fair.

But if SSC is indeed fair in making the system, I then may not be in yellow house anymore. Noticibly by every single senior in the school, the way the sort the people to go to each house is ridiculous. If you look tall, lean, and strong.. okay red. If you look like the ideal runner, okay blue. If you look overweight or chubby, okay yellow.

It may just be a "sports day" some might say. But it's still a game. And all games have to be played fair.

And SSC just doesn't seem to get that in their money minded skulls.


-alexeO-

No comments: