Thursday, February 23, 2006

Black and White

Having a disability can be quite a good thing sometimes.

Just today, I had a Maths Common Test 1 on my break time. So obviously I didn't have my maths period which was supposed to be at 1pm today. 2pm I was gonna have LAN but I skipped that. So basically, I finished class at 1. -_-
Don't ask me how my maths CT was. I can see that ppl took it better than I did. haih.

So anyway, my dad took me to the eye doctor after class..

I was gonna have my eye formally checked for ... colourblindness.
*gasp*

Okla.. actually I already know I got colourblindness. Proven long time ago.
But I gotta go anyway today.. cause I need a letter. Bloody JPJ doesn't want an optimetrist's letter. They want a DOCTOR's letter. So I went for an eye check.
Funnily enough, I saw the same book they showed me at the optimetrists'. The charts. And what numbers you will see if you are colorblind. My dad was clearly amused by the fact I'm listing out all the REAL numbers wrong and seeing the numbers a colorblind person should see.

-____-"

*deng*

The doctor(who was a nice guy) told us that normally JPJ will provide them a form and they will fill it up.. saying if I'm fit or not to drive. Oh yea, in case you don't know.. I need the form to pass my Undang.
So anyway.. the doctor asked me to get the form from JPJ.
He told me to do this..

"Go sit for your test and fail it.. then they will give u a form and you come back here"

"-_-"(fail a test? what is he thinking) huh.. so do I need to tell them beforehand that I'm colorblind?"

"no need.. just go there and click click and come back ere"

"oh.. hmmm.."

Inside, I was thinking.. damn troublesome omg. Going to a test I know I will fail. Then the embarassment. What will happen if I click one question wrong for the colorblind part..Will everyone look at me..? What will the reaction of the person-in-charge there be... will I be barred from sitting for my Undang forever? Howwww??!

So damn mafan la.. calling my instructor.. going to the undang centre and fail a test.. then go back to the doctor's..then go back to the undang centre.. ZZZ!

Was reminded once again that I couldn't do a few jobs.. pilot.. chemical engineer...hong leong bank worker(duno y)... and some other stuff.

My driving license just got prolonged to an even longer day. Sigh. I will eventually get it guys! Just wait!!

Oh. In case you guys don't know what the charts are.. here are some examples I got from http://colorvisiontesting.com.. :)

Image hosting by Photobucket
Colorblind individuals should see the yellow square. Color normal individuals should see the yellow square and a "faint" brown circle.
True enough.. I only see a yellow square.. not even a single sign of a box.. or circle..whatever.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Colorblind individuals should see the yellow circle. Color normal individuals should see the yellow circle and a "faint" brown square.

The yellow circle is so distinct. Where the F is the square.

I know you guys are feeling proud that you can see! If u got no idea what circle or square I'm talking about.. talk to me. You are basically screwed like me too.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Colorblind individuals should see nothing. Color normal individuals should see a "faint" brown boat.

-_-" yala, yala very proud.

Here's another one which they normally ask.
I see nothing here seriously.
Image hosting by Photobucket


But funnily enough.. I'm not feeling sad or heartbroken at all. I'm taking it like nothing. I never really wanted to be a pilot anyway I guess.. but it doesn't concern my life now.. maybe next time I don't know. It's just delaying my driving license that's all. Zzz.
In fact, I'm quite proud of it if you ask my friends.. haha. Always, I like to guess the colors I have trouble seeing and love to see my friends "NOOO! ITS NOT" reaction.
Hahahaha. I feel..unique!


Ooo yea..on the other hand, SPM Results coming out real soon..

Nation
Thursday February 23, 2006



SPM results out on Mar 13

PETALING JAYA: Results for the 2005 SPM examination will be released on March 13, while STPM results will be out on March 16, Education Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein announced Thursday.

From The Star

O.o

At least I have a reason to flunk my Chemistry now.. :)


-alexeO-

No comments: