Thursday, March 01, 2007

Further rants

One of my subjects in university this semester is hard-core history!
As in, H-I-S-T-O-R-Y.
Arghh.

If i wan't to comfort myself, I would think at least it isn't super boring kesultanan melayu or some politik perlembagaan shit.

The Contemporary Worlds 1 course I'm taking focuses on the "bigger" things like Hitler and world wars I guess.
(The word ''bigger'' has inverted commas because it's certainly debatable but heck it. I'm gonna use the word anyway)

But still!
I'm not a history person.

I hate remembering facts which brings total no significance to me.
I'm just trying to take the stuff I'm learning as nice, interesting stories and hopefully won't be forced to remember it.

Also, judging from my first week of university, my course has alot alot of reading.
Yea it's a social arts course, so I should be expecting it already.

Not excellent for me because I am not really a reading person.
I read a few books now and then but certainly cannot be considered a book person.

And my mind takes some time to decipher the stuff I read too. Bad news there.
No regrets though because I certainly prefer reading and attempting to understand long texts rather than solving a mathematical question. :)

And yeah, people in my course speaks really good english.
It seems like everyone is capable of writing flawless, magnificient vocabulary essays and won't have a hard time understanding the complex texts. eep~

And and and also damn lame!
I am one of the 3 who gotta present a text next week for my tutorial class!
The problem is,

- I don't freaking know how a university presentation for tutorial topics work.
- The other 2 ppl who will be presenting with me are from the second semester so they totally know wat they're doing. I'm so gonna make a fool out of myself.
- THE FREAKING TEXT FOR MY PRESENTATION IS FREAKING TOUGH. I don't understand it at all.
- And the usual 'stage-fright' problem..
- And the thought of giving a bad first impression of course.
- What if I went total out of topic or said total irrelevant things.

Sigh.

Why me. Out of 25 odd students.
Why me.

Rant ends here.

I feel better now.
Thx blog.


-alexeO-

No comments: