Wednesday, March 14, 2007

How can I address you?

My Journalism lecturer actually asked us to address him by his given name. As in, just the 2 word chinese name without the surname. Emphasis now is on the fact that I was supposed to do it without the Mr. in front. It awkwardly feels like calling a friend and from my 18 years of shell which I was brought up and grew up in, it simply goes against my morals and ethics.

I am a person who was taught to respect the ones who use up their time noble-ly to pass on knowledge to another person. I just cannot seem to garner the 'courage', if I may use that word to call my lecturer by his chinese given name alone.

It felt so wrong to an extent that today, when I went up to him to ask a question.. I stood there still, staring at his suspicious-looking-what-do-you-want face for a good 5 seconds before I proceeded with my question.

All simply because I was literally forcing myself to call him by his given chinese name. After feeling so stupid for that longest 5 seconds in my entire life, I gave up and then used Mr. (surname).

If you're wondering why I didn't just ignore the name-calling part before my question, that's because it's just rude and I'm a very polite person. You didn't know that?

What a stupid rant, I know. But it's just me.
I just had to get that out of my system.

I don't have a problem with other lecturers because they are all contented with their respective Dr. titles followed by their surnames.
Hey I don't blame them. If I have a PhD cert I would put the Dr. in front of my name at every place possible!

If you actually bothered looking at my MSN's personal message, you can see that I am looking for some company to watch several movies which are all probably a must-watch showing in the cinemas right now.
I'm not really a movie person but occasionally a good movie or two comes around in the cinemas and those are the movies which I make a point to watch.

These are some which may or may not be in the cinemas right now. Pick which one you are interested in to watch with me thx. I'm sure we can plan a date.
:)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

or

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

or

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

or

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

or

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

or

Bridge to Terabithia

or Mukhsin, a new Malaysian movie directed by none other than our very own Yasmin Ahmad. Looks touching.

Wow. 2 posts in 2 days.

Another record set!


-alexeO-

No comments: