Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The 251st Post

This is officially my blog's 251th post!
*beams proudly*

I actually expected more posts for my 3-and-half-year old blog but hey, I ain't that much of a blogger anyway.

Very briefly, a little glance to my uni life so far. It has really been great, I'm loving what I'm doing and tutorials are fun because arts students tend to be more active and outspoken, I guess. I'm doing a course which will make people think twice before actually accepting a form of a media as just simple, pure entertainment and that can really confuse people. But it's an EXCELLENT form of confusion!

~_~

and and Teck Eng was damn offensive today! Communications students unite!

Today I drove to SJ after my tutorial to pick him up and grab something to bite with him-lah. Since he always complaining how lonely he is in SJ wat. When he got into the car, he started ranting on the fact that he never self-studied at all yet at that time for the whole day and he felt really guilty about it.

So being the gentle, kind soul I am, I politely told him that not to feel bad since he already had some long hours of classes for the day.. that's enough studying for now..

Then then, you know what he said??

Cannot take it!

"My course isn't like your course you know Alex~ For your course, as long as you got the concept and the basic skills already, you can do your course.. My one needs practice for Math and all you know!"

?!?!??!

SAYING AS THOUGH MY COURSE NO NEED TO DO ANYTHING ALSO CAN PASS LIDDAT.

ZZZZ?!

So it suddenly strikes me lah.

*OFFENDED*
"WHAT U TRYING TO SAY??"

Okla.. I didn't shout that loud. Wasn't that angry also. Said with a smile, and a 'slightly' louder tone of voice.

And he got the nerve just to smile back and giggle at me! Twice summore!

So of course I immediately went to my super-defensive mode loh.

But ehh,
to be honest, my course isn't just all play and no work!
I got a lot and a lot of complex readings to do!
And most of the time, I get out of lectures and tutorials feeling all confused! Because that's the whole damn purpose of the course! Now starting to feel abit paranoid liau when I look at the media surrounding me... like what are the true motives of these media! eep!

But aiyah,
Come to think of it, I think it's pretty typical.

Typical Engineering students thinking they're the cream of the crop just because some guy said that some time ago. Something about engineering students are the smartest of the lot. But hey, most of them have thick-rimmed glasses and can't write interesting reads for nuts! :D
I think the same applies to medical students!! Thinking that they're the best just cause their course requires a higher entry requirement!

Booooo!

And I'm not sore, okay? Just slightly frustrated. Hmmph.

Super Malaysian mentality! Thinking that if your child isn't doing medicine or engineering, you might as well shun from the society because suffering from the embarrassment is alot more worst!
*angry*

ANYWAY,
One of my lecturers got the gears in my head rotating when he suddenly asked me out of thin air whether I aspire to be a journalist.

Hey, I never really did dwell deeply into that surprisingly. It came across as POTENTIAL OUTCOMES several times but it never really did sink into my head.

Journalist Alex Yeo.

!!!!

Why not, right?

I mean I don't think all journalists are broke people. And I wonder if the journalists today actually enjoy what they are doing.

I want to do something in the future which I enjoy but at the same time I don't want it to be something which cannot make me live comfortably. But everyone wants that, don't they? sigh.

It's damn funny actually thinking that I may be a potential journalist in the future. Haha!
But it's currently just my backup plan.

In case several dreams of mine don't work out. :)

I also want to start making short movies. Movies which are 5, 10, 15 mins long. Super inspired by what I saw in Media Studies. And that particular lecturer also has another thing where he encourages students to send in their short movies.

I want, I want!
But knowing me, super unsure whether it'll really work out or not.

But I'll keep you guys posted! Hahaha. Maybe upload it into YouTube one day then post in my blog~ :D

My specific genre isn't gonna be comedy or something funny. I want to go for a serious storyline. One which can sell. Either super touching or super tragic. Super interesting.

Maybe like those Petronas festive seasons ads.
Movies produced by Yasmin Ahmad. Talented!
If you don't know who she is, knock your head twice and google her thx.
She has a blog on blogger too! *click*

Post getting real long.
Enough for today.

Now gonna read my very *stupid* interesting *teck-eng* lecture notes for my course!!

Bwahaha.

-alexeO-

No comments: