Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I don't like driving anymore

Yes. I said it.
A boy who was proud of his so-called 'gifted' driving skills ain't claiming that anymore. In fact, he is saying no more than the opposite.

My driving sucks. It's true.

I just finished my driving lesson minutes ago. And it was horrible. I never felt like I want to get out of the car so much in my life.

This was what happened.
It was my 3rd lesson or so, and my driver was supposed to pick me up from a place near my college.

So I went there on time and waited. Not longer than a few minutes, he arrived.
So naturally, I got into the passenger's seat and hoped to arrive at my driving centre for some maybe balancing or 3-point-turn practice.

After maybe a few turns or so around, he asked me.
"So you want to drive to the centre?"

I cannot remember the words exactly but it was something along that line.

A little suprised, I was thinking to myself like ,'what? can i or not'

In words, it came out as "Err...not sure la.. can meh?"

He didn't really reply. Probably used to such replies I guessed.
He just gave a little smile and said something like,"can slowly".

So he stopped the car at some area near my college.
I quickly proceeded into the driver's seat as soon as possible as I was quite sure there will be some college students around and I don't want anyone to recognize me.

So happily and excitedly(with a little fear), I got into the car.
I had not driven for 1 week plus so I had to try to comfort myself and get used to the stuff.

Sigh. Bad move, Alex.
So I was driving very slowly and happily..
For the first time in my life,
I got honked.

Screw those people I tell you. Can't they ever understand the L plate behind the car?! Not everyone are born good drivers u know. Grr.

The honkings got very normal after a while. Hey I'm not allowed to speed anyway. What do you expect?

So I learned how to change gears for the first time. Omg. How can he actually teach me on the road?! I mean.. it's just so sudden. Couldn't I get some warm up first at some less congested road?

Obviously I took some time to get used to it.

But when I finally did, it was quite smooth sailing until I got to some traffic congestion.
Oh gosh.
It's super tough for a first time. It really is.
I don't care if some people who are reading this are saying,"it was easy or not that difficult"
The fact remains that, it was tough from me. Coming out from a stopping position to a moving one.
IT"S TOUGH!!@!$@$%!@

Especially if there's a mini hill.
Super duper tough.
The moment I put down my hand brakes and do the balancing shit.
GG. Thousands of cars already passed each staring into my car in some annoyed look.

HELLO? I AM NO EXPERT OKAY? I BELIEVE UR EYES ARE CLEAR ENUFF TO SEE THE L PLATE BEHIND??

Bah. More honks.
I tried to keep myself composed and just concentrated on driving.

I was also a little sleepy so I was trying my best to open my eyes wide. (don't tell anyone this especially my relatives)

There was one time I remembered, some young malay guy who was having a P plate at his car.. came and cut my road and he put his hand out like a signal of thanks or something. I THINK HE DID IT INITIALLY! He came so close I had to turn right a little. My instructor immediately shooked and said "ehhh dont turn like that!"
I was explaining about that car but he just asked me to release my oil or something.
Haih. Bad impression.

My first on-the-road drive was pretty okay with exception to the stopping parts I guess. I don't think I was the worst, no.

There were some moments when my instructor shouted to me but he didn't really mean it in a negative way. It's all part of the teaching process. How can things like "CLUTCH, BRAKE!" or "OIL HANDBRAKE" be considered as harsh. Cmon now.

Nothing could make me happier than finally arriving at the driving centre.
I did Parking today. First time too. Pretty fun. It went quite well!
But I mati enjin-ed twice. In a row. Not during the parking process but after u know.. when you try to get out of the parking area? Yea. That part. I released too much clutch. Twice in a row. Other than that it should be okay. Like any other student. Not magnificient though.

There were also MANY times when my car jerked and felt abit old-school. I realised I don't know how to control my oil properly.
When I press, it's too much.
When I try to press softly, nothing gets pressed.
Then when I release the clutch, my right leg will automatically feel like releasing the oil a little. Then I'll end up not using up any oil at all.
That's just so wrong to do during the Parking or the 3-pt-turn.
*shakes head*

So after that,
he thought I should drive to my mother's office around 5-10 mins away with a normal car's speed.
So I drove. ZZZ. SUPER CONGESTION.
IF my first time on-the-road was bad, this was 10X worst.

I had to slow down, stop, move, slow down, stop, move, change gears, stop, balance, move, MORE TIMES THAN I EVER DID BEFORE.
THATS WHEN I REALISED.. IM NOT THAT GOOD AFTER ALL.

I got so bloody confused during the traffic part. Are some of the cars honking me because I am doing something wrong or am I just slow? I don't mind if I'm just slow.. cause there's nothing wrong with that. But my instructor is not saying anything. Is it because he is so frustrated or he thought I was doing alrite? Someone please say something.

I don't get why NOBODY complained about driving on the road first time.
Well I never heard any.
That is why I came up with a conclusion. My driving sucks. I think it's just me. I was super horrible I felt.

Anyway, back to my driving to my mum's office.
Got one part at the traffic light where there was a little slope so I had to do some balancing once again. What do you know? All I heard was honkings and seeing cars passing me quickly and the green light turning to red. GG alex. I was not even fast enough to make the car move. Haihz. Super embarassing.
It happened twice actually at different traffic lights. Twice the embarassment. :(

So my driving sucked.
Hey. I don't know if I will get any better or continue sucking.
But if I do get better, I would probably feel driving differently.

But until that time,
I will not boast about my driving skills anymore.

Smile Kelvin, I know you want to.


-alexeO-

No comments: