Friday, October 07, 2005

Dad's birthday

My family has this thing of celebrating every single family member's birthday regardless of the age whatsoever. As long as you are still part of the family and is available in Malaysia(to my 2nd sis n bro ;P), your birthday will definitely be celebrated. Not with balloons and party hats and all but maybe just a nice dinner outside and the famous tradition of blowing the birthday cake. Btw, the time you spent with friends is either the night before or the morning/afternoon of your birthday. I personally think this is a good way to keep the family bonded every year. :D

So 2 days ago, on the 5th, my family and I went for a dinner outside. I was in the middle of my trials(I'm still in the middle of my trials now) but what the heck. I wouldn't miss it. So as I sleepily woke up from my regular afternoon nap, I got myself ready that night and my sister was impatiently ushering me to the car. A few minutes later on the road, I could start talking again.

Me : Eh, where we going to eat ar?

Sis: Some vegetarian restaurant.

Me : (What the heck!) Har, why?!!!!

Sis: Mum eating vegetarian today wor. Have to lah.

Me : Sigh. Yeah hor. Hmmm.

Sis: Lol.


Everyone knows I hate vegetables. Omg. The bitterness. When i was younger, i couldn't see why anyone could ever eat it as if they don't feel a single thing. I mean, how could some even say things like ,"wah, damn nice" when they chew on the..green leaves!

So anyway, I knew I had no choice and not eating meat that night may not be as bad as I initially thought too. Firstly definitely for health reasons.. The other was it wasn't the first time my family went to a vegetarian restaurant for a birthday dinner. So I remembered the last time I went and the food wasn't that bad. I mean they actually have fish, meat, mutton made from vegetables. Very good efforts I should say.. looking at the food which really looked like real meat but in fact was actually made by flour etc etc. Some looked so similiar(and even tasted quite similiar) until my Dad made a joke about even if they really put meat inside, you wouldn't know.

Well, he has a point you know. Hmmm.

So after a short ride in the car, I finally arrived! The shop name was Lian Chi Vege Health Food restaurant. Damn, what a turn-off. Health food never tasted as good as it benefits. I think this is where the 'you gotta give and take' phrase comes in.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It didn't take long for me to realised the ceiling design inside was really good! They have this lanterny lord-of-the-rings-elf-land-lanterns hanging from the ceiling. Other than that, the entire restaurant was pretty ordinary.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My parents, aunty and a friend of my family's came a little later and joined my sis,grandma(was with us) and me. My sister ordered the food and the orders were eatable. Lol. A while later, the waiter came in and arranged the bowls in a circular order. Just like what they do in chinese restaurants before the shark fin soup comes out! It was kinda exciting thinking what soup was gonna appear. When the waiter brought the huge soup bowl in, it actually smelt like the shark fins soup! I wasn't kidding. Definitely, it wasn't. It was just this. -_-"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And hey it is not as bad as it looks(maybe). It tasted fine except for some strands of vegetable and the soup is in fact green in colour. -_-"

I didn't take any pictures after that as I thought it was a little distracting to my family members. :P The few dished which came out next was actually quite good especially the fake curry mutton. That is my favourite vegetarian dish and I'm proud of it! :D

My Dad's birthday celebration continued with my entire family singing the Happy Birthday Song and blowing of the cake in my Mum's Office in her shop. The cake tasted not bad and I gotta go home after that.(The next day I was going to have my Sejarah paper. I did quite okay I think for that paper.)

Summary of One Week of Trials.
The papers were okay. Wasn't that easy wasn't that difficult. I hope I would get some surprise results which I myself didn't expect I would get. I asked for my Moral marks a little earlier in school today before my Maths Examinations and my teacher was like, "you ar...macam enam puluh lebih..sixty something.. saya tak berapa ingat. saya tahu cuma 2 orang dapat lima puluh lebih dalam kelas ini" Wtf. Wasn't very motivating or convincing. Actually made me thought about it and worry during my second maths paper. Grrr. I hope he REALLY wasn't sure. I'm certainly wasn't expecting sixty something especially after I realised alot of ppl got 70 something and the highest was 82. Argh. Frustration. Somehow, I think i shouldn't had asked for my marks. Oh well. Come to think about it, i know ppl who failed their moral. So erm, it isn' so bad? Sigh. I really don't want sixty something!~ I will be damn disappointed. Sigh.

Next week is the dreaded week of any examinations. The Science Week. The week which is gonna pull my first week marks down like hell. Damn dumbbbbbbbbbbbbbb. Hope can score for my Physics. Add maths..I really hope I would pass again and hopefully score higher, but the recent results I got in class wasn't very convincing. Nooo. For chemistry, hahahahahaha.


Trials,
-alexeO-

No comments: