Friday, January 27, 2006

Goodbye once again, Adrian Chong

Just last year, when Adrian left for Perth after his holidays.. I honestly didn't feel anything at all. It was only this particular return to Malaysia he made that had caused the strings to be rebonded.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Honestly speaking, however gay it may sound, I feel like I wouldn't be the Alex Yeo I am today if I had never gotten to know him. Eventhough it was obvious he was finding me an average boy in his classes, I still felt much respect for him.
It may be because of his sister or just his frequent first positions in class. He was smart, friendly and fun to be with as well during my end of primary school years and start of secondary school.

I felt that I could relate to him most among others, and thus.. I had made him the guy I would talk to everyday. Primary school term : Best friend.

He was a damn nice kid that time. As in, no vulgarity.. no bad doings and stuff. Being his 'good friend', I had to control myself as to not get influenced into the darker side. I was seriously very easy to be influenced and I was quite sure Adrian was the one who had prevented me from being a terrible gangster-like kid. :)
I guess indirectly he helped me achieved my excellent PMR results. Bwahaha.

Eventhough we looked like worlds apart when we were buddies that time, we still had some very interesting similiarities!
Like, we both thought Kelvin was _______?
We both played table tennis?
We both discussed Wah Lai Toi movies?
And etc etc etc.

Honestly, I did and do not know what he thought of me that time. Maybe he was just 'layan-ing' me as I was talking to him everytime. I don't know.
But I think the friendship should be genuine. :)

When he left to Australia in Form 2, the first few days of school was extremely different. I think I felt the lost of his presence among the class. I remembered looking out of the window in my classroom on the day he was flying to Perth, wishing I could see the plane(omg how gay). It was kinda sad.

Like everyone knows, I'm not a very social person.. First few months of Form 2, I spent time walking alone, eating alone and spending time alone. It was only after a while which I realised I could not avoid the rest of my classmates and then joined the Praveen and Kelvin gang.. which had resulted into today's chain of friendship. :)

It is nice thinking about the good ol' days I had when Adrian was still in my class.
The dumb games we played, the times he helped me in something. Bah.

When he came back for holidays for the first time, we met up of course and hung out.
But slowly... the more he leaves and returns, we(the classmates) did not feel the need or urgency to go and see him anymore to be honest. Some ppl even thought he just come home and calls us out as he got nobody to hang out with. But this has changed in his most recent trip here. :)

Of course he's not the goodie boy Adrian anymore. He drinks, and.... stuff.
I do not even know if he still finds the friendship genuine or not.

All I know is, he will be leaving this Sunday on the 29th and won't be back till December.
And for that, I wish him all the best.
There is a possibility of me being able to study in the same environment with him next year.
And I'm sure he will make it there. The decision lies on me now.

Definitely not as close as we used to be but his company is still full of laughter and fun. Bwahaha.

And this post has no gay intention whatsoever.
It's just a post to wish him all the best this year.
And also to say that, for the first time in many years..
I may miss his presence once again.

Image hosting by Photobucket
MCB..

No comments: