Tuesday, December 13, 2005

SSC Prom Night 2005 - Sophistication In Simplicity

Alright ladies and gentlemen. I bet you guys are waiting for this post. =)

Let me just say(to sum it all up)
the prom was IMO.. Great.

I have to say I expected much lower of it.
How wrong I was.

Not any ordinary ballroom kinda prom. The venue was an ex-disco still equipped with the lightings and music facilities. Go figure.

Danced floor was busy whole night. Bwahaha. Nice seeing ppl in their formal attire dancing the night away. Slow dance or fast dance it was great. Well, I had fun. And that is all that matters rite? =)

~

So it was around 8.30pm when I arrived to Zest Club, Sunway. Saw some familiar faces there(old frens mostly) but being Alex, I walked in and started looking for faces I know. Couldn't find any, until someone called my name. It was Chrisanne. -_-
Everyone looked so different. I couldn't even recognize Huey Shyan who was beside Chrisanne the whole time at the stairs.

Me : Eh, where's Huey Shyan
Chrisanne : -_- (points to the left side)
Me : (Omg wtf. So different)

=D Had a little chat with Chrisanne before I called Kelvin to get his ass down there so I can get chopped. I got a sponsored ticket due to much of my 'eh-hem' help and contribution to the Prom. Started walking up the flight of stairs and saw Eileen and Joyce at the balcony kinda thing. Had a quick short chat and entered the "Club".
Woah. Cool atmosphere. Ppl were walking here walking there dressing ever so elegantly. Then saw some familiar faces and approached them to chill a lil while I waited for my frens. Met Adrian Chong(seen him few days back) and Syahirah(seen her 5 years back). Hahaha. It was damn funny reunion. Both left to different places, different times but Adrian knows Syahirah as much as I know her. =/ So we got to chat about the same stuff and all.

Vick. Yea. That Malaysian Idol Finalist. Eliminated one episode before the grand finale. Apparently only lost to Dina by 1% was there too. The Lows had to pick him up from his house and sent him there for soundcheck. Vick also went to Praveen's house to change! Omg. He's damn friendly btw. They chatted with him and all. I also talked to him when he was there. Hahahaha. Told him I was the guy who invited him to perform on Msn Messenger. But he doesn't remember. Gahh! Well at least he knows now.
Really friendly. Jia Xin, a classmate of mine and also a huge fan of Vick got to take a photo with him. I bet she's damn happy. I wanna ask him so many questions! Nuuuuu~

Elvira also performed twice and I think the performers know each other somehow. Through some 'celebrity-kinda-link' I think. I think that wasn't their first time they performed together cause they kinda have I-know-who-you-are face. She had a good voice btw. A powerful one. She was the first one to performed so you could see the malu-malu faces of ppl who really wanted to dance with their dates but couldn't move their feet. Luckily my frens managed to start the dancing thing going by going to the dancefloor.

I was with Nick and the guys when they were annoucing the nominees for Prom King n Prom King. Hahaha. Nazirul, Adrian C, Griffin and Gadafi was nominated for the King while Vivian, Amy, Clarissa and Syahirah was nominated for the Queen award.
Freaking hilarious event. They were asked to do a catwalk thing and answer a question like a beauty paegant kinda thing. Their answers were witty and funny and each had their own respective fanbase supporting them from one part of the club.
I voted for Adrian C and Syahirah after much deliberation(yea rite) :X. I didn't know who Clarissa was but she did look hot from far. XD

Adrian C and Clarissa turned out eventual winners btw. Hooray!

They then had a dance together with the other nominees to officiate their crowning.
I was curious for the nominees on who's gonna grab who but the pairings eventually seemes obvious. Nazirul had a dance with Syahirah, Vivian with Griffin(a pure australian mate btw), Amy with Gadafi. Bwahaha. The rest(including me) joined in after that for a lil while till they announced the officiating was over or something liddat. Talking to each other during dance was fun btw. =)

Reshmonu also came out to perform a lil while after that. Nice to have him for parties. And where did his performing buddies come out from. First he had the Singh guy who sang Hey Waley with him. Then he had 2 drummers dressed in traditional indian costumes with 2 big traditional drum =S for another song. There were some girls who went screaming when he introduced his big hit and all. Famous guy. It pays to be a celebrity I guess. :/ I also slept in Reshmonu's room btw. :D A little more on that later.

So Vick had to leave before Reshmonu performed and the Lows had to sent him somewhere. Nice guy. Hopefully can hang out with him someday. He also said he could get Jaclyn Victor personally if we asked. -_- OMG!!!!! ARGH. No. Regrets. Thx.
So other than Vick shocking Praveen's mum at his house or making Haris(who accompanied Vick for lunch) look famous in Dave's Deli or making me damn happy to talk to a celebrity, he was pretty much an ordinary guy. =/ I was just wondering if stars in other countries do that. Imagine Robbie Williams going to my house to change before he perform or sleeping in Mariah Carey's room. :O
But come to think of it, they don't perform in School proms anyway.

The food wasn't great or much so I'm not gonna blog about it. There was an open bar too which served sky juice for free only. What's that thing about no alcohol kelvin, that guy gave me a menu with all sorts of liquor available!

Vesperntine really know how to work the crowd too. I've seen them perform live like sooooo many times so it was kinda cool. They said something like, "Coolest prom over. No tables and ballrooms just the dancefloor and party all night" Yea yea, i know they may say that to every prom but the reasons for their "coolest prom ever" does make sense. Really good job to the comittee for making this such a success. And you are welcome guys, for thanking me and got me confused for a few secs.

Met old buddies like Janice, Nimi, Nigel etc there. Some changed alot some didn't.
Some obvious changes but oh well. It was nice interacting with them.
As the entertainers finish their act, it was strictly music and party all night from then. All sorts of disco music started pouring in and the lights became dark and only the disco lights were used. Nice atmosphere. There were some obvious party chicks and guys with their crazy dance moves. One girl was dancing like mad and ppl like Kevin, Marcus seemed like party animals.

I also realised how awkward i look dancing. -_-
Hey i'm not used to this kinda thing, okay?

It was a pretty good prom. I know I hadn't been to any to judge or compare but it was fun for me. I heard proms are usually boring and all but this differed so much.
The ppl there was more than I expected but it still didn't meet the minimum requirements. Oh well.

Went to Rainforest after that with Teck Eng, Teck Kuan, Praveen, Huey Shyan, Chrisanne, Haris, Richmond, Kelvin and ADRIAN(i forgot, sorry). Met Allen and Zoe too who were attending Zoe's school prom. Had a sucky beer and I think we were all kinda sad thinking about the seperation and all. Teck Eng I think was extremely emo that night. Bwahaha. Finished my sucky beer before we all seperated.

I didn't go home after that though.
Went to Sunway Hotel with my Haris, Teck Eng,Teck Kuan and Praveen to stay for the night. And yes. I slept in Reshmonu's room!!!! Ok he didn't really stayed the night there. But he was there to rest while he waited to perform. I was damn excited entering his room. When we walked in, the bed was kinda messy. I think he sat there. There was a wet towel(he used it) and the toilet floor had marks. There was actually also a note on the bed with the 3 songs he sang! COOL! There was also an Artword writing Hello or something. And a coffee mug too! In the rubbish bin, there was some food thrown there. Haha. It was pretty much cool thinking about it but I realised it was kinda disgusting moments later. I didn't want to sleep on his bed so i just went to the other. =/

Just arrived home(THX PRAVEEN) few hours back. I slept in my formal attire btw. Photos will be up in the next post or something. I'm waiting to collect the photos from everyone first.
I liked the prom alot.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE INVOLVED!

and yes, Kelvin. I'm thanking you too. :)


-alexeO-

No comments: