Sunday, October 26, 2008

To those needing just that little bit of strength:

You know I rarely share videos.

So when I do, you can be sure that they're of an out-of-this-world quality. Most of them aesthetically of course, with jaw-dropping, stomach-churning, heart-wrenching impacts..

This video by my favourite band ever, is not so much as mind-boggling-impactful-bomb-shocker-woah as the previous', if that makes any sense at all.. does it does it?

Anyway as I was saying, this video by my favourite band ever (you can say whatever you like I don't care) has a much more explicit message, and the key lies in the song itself for me.. through the music.. lyrics.. delivery.. etc.

I listened to the song at first without knowing the message behind it and I loved it. Then after finding out why or how the song was created, I loved it even more.

Then after watching the video, it makes so much more sense.

According to Wikipedia, "lead singer Pierre Bouvier has stated in interviews that the song deals with his brother's battle with cancer."

Having a relative with the disease, it is certainly easy for me to relate to the various people, campaigns, organizations and songs out there raising awareness about cancer and ultimately giving strength to patients who might be undergoing treatment. It is a very, VERY grueling process lemme tell you and you can only do so much standing in the stands giving your support. And every ounce of it do count.

I am not trivializing any other problems anyone else could be facing here and I am also not trying to preach cancer awareness or anything similar.

But all I want to say is that life can be such a bitch most of the times and sometimes, just sometimes, all we need to survive the ordeal or day even is someone who when you fall or stumble down, he or she'll pick you up off the ground, or when you lose faith in you, he or she'll give you the strength to pull through.

Simple Plan, Save You
. Enjoy.




-alexeO-

No comments: