Saturday, August 23, 2008

Of Me and Beijing 2008

I get emotional watching the medal ceremony of the Olympic Games. What is wrong with me?!

I cannot help but 'risk' 'almost' tearing up witnessing the medalists accepting their medals and having the most sincere and genuine of smiles ever printed on their faces. All their hard work paying off and how proud they must feel at that very moment. And watching them tearing up while their national anthem is played especially when the camera fades between the faces of the medalists and the national flag just kills me. Full stop.

After every medal ceremony without fail, I will have this sudden burst of determination to take up a sport and aim to be on the podium one fine day. But of course, it is too late for that now. But it doesn't hurt to dream.

I WANT TO BE A MEDALIST ON THE WORLD STAGE T_T I THINK I WONT JUST TEAR UP BUT BAWL LIKE A CRAZY BABY IF I WAS INDEED THERE BY SOME STROKE OF GOOD, OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD FORTUNE T_T

sigh.

A few days back after witnessing one of the many medal ceremonies, I turned to my parents and asked them why didn't they make me take up a sport when I was much younger so they can have an extra thing about me they can be proud of. And of course so that I can ACTUALLY go through the exact same thing the medalists I saw on TV went through!

They shrugged. Then sniggered. I love my parents. T_T

APPARENTLY, I was encouraged to but for some reason.. I am where I am today. Dot dot dot.

SIGH.. *thinks of a sport I can take up now which doesn't require much finesse and it won't be too late*

Shooting. No interest. No talent also the last time I checked.
Archery. Needs some strength I think to pull the bow.
Swimming, badminton, cycling, martial arts. LOL.

Golf? I know they have a senior tour for the pros. :-| And I read somewhere a few days back they might introduce golf to the Olympics! OMG IS THIS A SIGN.

But alot of pros started young. Like Tiger Woods duh. +_+ But I'm sure NOT ALL started golfing before they could even walk properly right right right?

Haha. This will be another sudden determination thing down the drain in a few weeks or perhaps even days time. Oh well, at least it is nice to dream once in a while. Keep my much-needed spirit up at times. Boo.

And oh yea, the Italian national anthem is damn wowowoowow! They have like some Mozart(I know he's not from Italy stfu), orchestra, thingy in the beginning then some awesome melody later when the vocals(think so) actually come in. But that particular melody part sounds damn familiar I think it's some famous composition in the music world. But the music illiterate me wouldn't know it of course..

So we didn't get to hear the Negaraku in Beijing 2008. :/ So we didn't get to see history in the making yet. But I'm quite positive that day will come.. relatively soon. Actually, I think it is good in a way as it actually greatly heightens up the hype for the future first gold medalist from Msia.

And it be could from golf. From me.

My dream is still alive! Hurray! Hahahahaa.



the Dreamer,
-alexeO-

No comments: