Monday, June 19, 2006

Luck

Do you believe in luck?

I remember my brother triggered this question in my head a few years back or something.
For one, he said he didn't believe in luck and gave some 'beat around the bush' explanation on why it cannot be possible. I wouldn't know if he still thinks the same but that's not the point now.

The thing is,
I feel like I'm on a streak of... negative luck. (yea i'm superstitious. so wat?)

Yes. Bad luck if you may call it. (shivers)

I bet for the World Cup.
And I'm on a terribly losing streak.
like.. wtf?

So yesterday, my friends and I decided to rest. I said to them. Ok. I'm taking Australia. I'm not betting but I'm taking Australia. See what happens. If Australia wins with the handicap, means my luck is coming back.
What do you know?
Brazil has an 1-0 lead until the 89th minute. Like WTF?!!

Korea. I kept asking my friends to go for it. But they said my tips or predictions rather can't be trusted anymore. And what do you know? They won with the handicap.

HUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?!
WHAT IS WRONG LA.

And just, Togo vs Switzerland.
Like wTF?! again.
Took Togo.
Winning half with the handicap until the 88th minute or something. 2-0.
?!!!@$!@$!@$!@$!@$?!@%!@?%!@?%!@?%!?@!??!?!?!?!?

Why.
Why.
Why.

Had a minor setback with my driving this morning. Super bad luck. Not minor to some extent. But it was still part of the bad luck thing I'm under I think.

Everyday I tell myself,
there is no such thing as luck.
There is no such thing as luck.
There is no such thing as luck.

Then I see Luck everyday hiding at the corner of my room giggling happily to himself, distracting me while I groan in disbelief at the TV. I looked at Luck. He sees me and suddenly I became stupid.

Sometimes it is just too hard to deny the existence of luck.
I don't think anyone have a day where they will say at the end of it,"Wow. What a neutral day!"

It will either be,"DAMN BAD DAY TODAY"(sings Daniel Powter - Bad Day)
Or,
"WOWOOWOWW GOOD LUCK TODAY MAN"(sings any other random song)

Some may argue they had something bad happen in the morning and that night it became the luckiest night of their lives.
But,
I'm ignoring that cause i have nothing to say to that.
Not a big chance of it happening anyway. At least compared to my early examples. Lala

So anyway, like I was saying, I'm on a streak of bad luck.
I don't know how to see the end of the streak.

Maybe I shud toss a coin and see what I guess is correct 3 times in a row.
Or something. Shit too much Mathematical Studies.

GO AWAY DARK CLOUD! STOP DRAINING MY LUCK AWAYYYYY!
SHOO!


p.s:- nick, richmond what bet next?

-alexeO-

No comments: