Thursday, October 11, 2007

I'm DDA. Dangerous Driver Alexeo.

Today was the first time I drove while feeling incredibly sleepy and exhausted. Well I actually felt sleepy while driving before but that was during the medieval ages(not really) of my driving lessons and I had an instructor beside me + I was driving manual therefore more initiative to stay awake but nvm.

I think I know why. It has to be the 3-4 hrs of sleep I had for the past 2 days. No thanks to the presentation I had. And ended up not being satisfied/ happy with the presentation which I've done. As expected.

So anyway, I was super sleepy when driving on the way back just now. And now I finally know the significance of the advertisements on the radio which I found over-played especially during festive seasons. :|

It was damn hard to concentrate I tell you. You know the feeling of you just wanting to close your eyes and let your mind drift off. My eyes were INCREDIBLY heavy, and the little second I had of having my eyes closed when i BLINKED felt so good. It was super tempting to just close and wander off but I FORCED myself to stay up! I had to!

So I turned the volume of the radio up, but to no avail. I just felt more and more sleepy.

It was almost like a battle against myself.

Then ironically enough, don't know if you guys know this but there's this advertisement of a child singing to the 'rock-a-by-baby' tune on the lyrics of how one shouldn't drive back to their kampung when they feel sleepy or something??

I THOUGHT THAT WAS CREATIVE LAST TIME. BUT NOW I AM THINKING OF HOW RIDICULOUS AND DANGEROUS THAT AD IS!

And yes. So that tune played. -_-

The freaking tune is freaking effective in making one feel 10x more sleepy. If you play that song right, everyone who is a little sleepy but still manage-able will end up in a 'worser' condition la. Imagine how dangerous that can be. Noobs.

I changed the radio station and continued to drive.

Must...reach... home.. I told myself.

Must..

Reach..

.
.
.

And then random-weird thoughts u normally have in your dreams started to pour in my mind 'forcefully'.

Like how I was back in my tutorial classroom and how this girl who doesn't usually talk to me is talking to me now and how I was making a fool out of myself.


This is the most interesting moment .

The transition from being awake to being, asleep.

You know how when you are still aware of the things around you such as the feeling of your bed and the look of your ceiling but your mind is already far far off thinking about some random stuff which you will explore further during your deep sleep?

Yes. That.

I had that when I was driving.

And it was freaking dangerous.

I was aware of the car in front of me, and I was aware that I was in the car, and I was aware that my foot was on the pedal.

It was just that, I wasn't thinking so much about driving anymore, but more of the part where I embarrassed myself in front of the girl I never spoke with.

Do not sleep. Do not sleep. I was telling myself. And if you don't realise the possible danger of my situation, I was actually driving on a highway. The Federal Highway. On the middle lane, of course.

Then. About 2 seconds(i think or i hope) later,

I could see the front view of my car slowing shifting towards the right. Oh crap, I thought to myself. I was entering another lane and somehow, just somehow, with the undeniable power of sleep, I was simply not awake enough to shift my car's steering wheel.

Just then,

Bam. A sudden willpower to FORCE myself awake struck me.

ALEX THERE MAY BE A CAR AT THE RIGHT SIDE AND YOU DON"T KNOW IT AND YOU REALLY DON"T WANNA GET INTO ANY TROUBLE CAUSE OF ALL THE HASSLE AND THE DANGERS OF IT.

Imagine those words converted into an emotional and mental alarm.

I somehow managed to push the dreamy blurry foggy thoughts away and I was now fully conscious, but still sleepy, but conscious of my actions.

My swirve to the other lane was not much, but still it was enough to collide with another car if there was in fact another car there in the first place. I was damn lucky there wasn't. But a car on the right lane wasn't that far behind anyway. Imagine if he sees this silver Waja shifting to the right aimlessly all of a sudden and back. No wonder he sped past me after that.

So my friends, please do not drive when you're sleepy. I learnt my lesson. You THINK you can control and be awake just for that very few minutes but no. The power of sleep is greater than you think. Do NOT underestimate your sub-conscious strength.

If you really need to drive, at least, get some caffeine before hand.

Ok I really wanted to make this post short but I guess I failed miserably.

I have one assignment left and I am incredibly pleased. After the presentation, I felt, lighter. Shaddap you. I know not physically-lah of course. -_-

One assignment if you don't count the visual test I have to hand in next Friday. Ok-la. make that TWO assignments.

And next week will be the final week of my second semester in Uni. Perhaps I would summarise the semester up again when it's all over like how I did for my first semester.

And, if you are a loyal fan of mine, you would expect a post about my apparent insecurities in this post, but I thought about it and come to think of it, some things are best kept to myself and I guess I shouldn't share it anymore for the benefit of myself and everyone else who reads it.

hahaha.

I'm such a mengada person. In Wei Liang's words.

Ciao.



-alexeO-

No comments: