Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Late, again.

I know I have an infamous reputation for being late. But I like to blame it on my blood. :) It's in the genes man. My family members, whether unintentional or not.. will often be late for our own respective events. The only time when we're not late is when we actually are together. I guess too much negative energy will turn positive. :)

So anyway,
YESTERDAY,

I heard the tune of What's Left of Me by Nick Lachey playing melodiously from my handphone.
Wondering who might call at such wee hours in the morning, I looked at my phone and noticed a House number. Because it was not a mobile phone number, I picked up the call thinking the chances of it being a prank call is lesser.

"Heloo...?" I said, tired-ly.


"Do you have exams now?"


*'how rude,' I thought to myself. not even a hello. and who the heck is that anyway*

"Hello?" I repeated.


"Do you have a Physics exam now?" the mysterious lady said.


"Hello who's this?!" (already very curious and at that point of time I'm wondering if it is indeed a prank call. By Hitz.Fm perhaps? :p)


"You have a physics paper now rite? Your paper has started already"


"Huh?" *I look at the clock from my handphone. I was so tired I could not figure out what the analog clock displayed. 5am perhaps?

"What time is it now??" I asked rather stupidly.


"Your paper has started already. Where do you stay?"


It was frustrating to know that the lady, whoever it was does not reply to my questions. It was equally as frustrating to know that, MY FREAKING PHYSICS PAPER HAS ALREADY BEGUN AND I WAS ABOUT TO MISS IT.

"fark." I thought to myself.

I then proceeded to reply, "Shah Alam.. oh shit"


"You didn't know you have a paper at this time?"
the lady asked with a weird tone, sounding as if she was inside thinking what kind of lousy, care-about-nothing student this is.

"Oh shit.. will I get extra time when I arrive??" I asked rather weirdly, knowing the answer was obvious. But I guess it was just the blur-morning me.


"er.. no?"


The lady then proceeded to speak in cantonese with another lady in the background.

She then came back to me and said, "No you won't get extra time.. but please make it within 30 minutes or you will not be allowed in.."

"oh.. thank you!"


"yeah.."
I could actually imagine in my head how her eyes were rolling.

I immediately jumped out of my bed and rushed to wake my sister up who was supposed to fetch me. She sounded equally shocked too.

I am someone who cannot wake up without taking a shower.
So I had the quickest shower of my life.
I also had the quickest brushing of my teeth in my life.
I even had the quickest putting on of clothes in my life.

I didn't care about hygiene then. I just wanted to arrive and sit for the bloody paper and go home.

So my initial plan of having some 'last-minute-revision' was completely destroyed by my panicky behaviour in the car.

I arrived at the college at 7.15am. "Still got time!" I thought to myself.

I walked quickly as hell because I know I cannot run.
Luckily I made an initiative to check the venue of my exam earlier.

It was also bitchy that my exam was so happened in the freaking 4th floor.
My usual 'very-tired-when-arrived-on-the-4th-floor' was not visible. I was more worried about sitting for the paper on time. And maybe completing it too.

As I was at the corridor heading to the classroom, a lecturer was seen sitting outside.
She looked at me and asked, "Yeo?"

"YES!"

"That classroom.."she pointed out.

I walked towards a door and asked her back, "this one?"

"No. The other door."

"OKAY THANK YOU"

I then opened the door and saw an entire classroom of students already working with their calculators; calculating the final momentum of some ball perhaps.

Another 40-something lady lecturer was there, and she led me to my table.
On my way, I clumsily hit a chair. The lecturer just smiled. She then was beside my table, instructing me on the rules.. and the common protocol.. very softly.
She kept comforting me because she obviously knew I was panicking like a mad donkey.
I must say, her cool smile really made me feel much better.

15minutes into the exam, that very lady went towards my table and left a plastic mineral water on my table. And then patted my back twice.

OMG. So nice!
I must resemble her son or something. ><
Seriously,
WAT A NICE LADY.

I ended finishing the paper on time.
It was not like I could answer everything anyway. So I basically could do all I can and had time to crapped some answers.

When the lecturer was collecting the papers,
she 'ironically' warned us about not being late for this Thursday's paper because there would be many students bla bla bla.
I did not want to look anywhere else because I know there definitely will be some eyes laying on me.
-_-

I walked out of the classroom saying "thank you" to her. "You were very lucky~" she replied.

I was never late for a major examination before in my entire life and I guess it is better than never.

Surely now I will be more careful to be punctual during examinations.. I guess.
I oughta be.


2 down, 3 papers to go.
-alexeO-

No comments: