Monday, August 07, 2006

APIIT Inter College Cyber Games 2006

Most readers do not know I belong to a clan, a gaming clan.
It's called NtL.
I am too lazy to brief regarding the history of my clan so I'm not doing it.
Click here for the very inactive clan forums. :)

Anyway, the APIIT ICCG 2006 would be the 2nd tournament we were joining. The WCG CyberCafe Preliminaries would be the first, but I don't think that's counted cause we fought the winner at the very first round! Argh. Some cafe sponsored team which I won't bother naming cause no one would know anyway.

So anyway,
-_-
it was a 2 day tournament.
First day was meant for the group stages, whereas the 2nd day the knockout round will commence(which will start from the quarters since there will be 8 groups and only the champions from each group will proceed)

Two teammates and I were so freaking lost on how to get to Bukit Jalil that I think we got conned when we asked for directions on how to take the trains.
-_- freaking bullies.
Explaining about the train journey would be as boring as it was for us boarding the train so I won't bother.

We arrived and met up with the other teammates.
Saw other teams. Look gaya as predicted. Like dem pro.
:(

Bla bla bla delay like hell,
then finally they called the teamleaders out for the draw.

Group A to Group H.
Damn 'kan cheong'.
waited patiently to see Taylor's NtL appear on the board.

Group A.
4 teams announced.
No NtL.

Group B.
Nope.

Group C.
Not yet.

-_-
Got worried after a while. Cause I tot they missed out our registration somehow.
Then they reached the final group, which is group H.

APT WLTD.
IMU.
Taylors Yeo ... something-something.
WTF WHERES TAYLORS NTL.
Then i panicked.

Only then when I realised that the Yeo something something was actually our team.
They didn't know our dem famous clan name. -____- so they just wrote the leader's name.

But we requested them to write the clan name down anyway. :D
Weee~

But wtf la final group. Last team there summore. -_-"
Sure wait dem long.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
team draw table

To cut things short,
we waited dem freaking long.
And they kept delaying for no apparent reason.
AND I WAS DAMN NERVOUS OK??

my teammates could see that. dem obvious. so nice of them to keep comforting me.
T_T
keep seeing the IMU participants walking here walking there with their IMU t-shirts.
Summore found out they trashed the Apt team.
Omg dem worried.

When it was our turn to play(last team to start a game i think),
already so tired and lost alot of mood. But still must concentrate.
Won the coin toss, picked our prefered side which is scourge,
and..

was
damn
good
our
team.
:D

WE WON!
hahahaha.
After that victory,
we felt dem happy.
like half a body in liau next round.
cause we saw how IMU trashed the other team.

we won that game also lah.
Pretty easy.
very sporting team. wished us luck for the next round.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
the very lousy-looking group table.

eh.
i got no flow at all.
so i am gonna stop here.

To sum it all up,
we topped our group.
AND QUALIFIED FOR THE QUARTERFINALS OMGZ.
with another taylors representative too.
so got 2 taylor teams in the quarters. :D

I slept like a pig when I got home. Was freaking tired.
But happy. XD

Okay.
Will post about Day 2 of the competition in my next post.
Now no mood. Lousy flow of words.


-alexeO-

No comments: