Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Hazey Public Speaking

Yes. Hahaha. Hehe. How do I start?
Ok anyway, my school's having its English Week this week. I was never so involved in an English week until this year, the reason mainly being this is my final schooling year and all. There'll be no such thing as this week anymore when I leave school.

So yesterday was the opening, with some quizzes conducted for the lower seconday. Today was Public Speaking.

Oh my. From now on, i'll never ever not prepare if I am to join a Public Speaking competition. Yesterday went offline at 2am just to find a topic. Couldn't print myself so i sent Shyan the file and she helped me print the 5 pages about earthquakes. Little did I know that I would actually waste her paper and ink.

Arrived in school, Shyan's sister passed me the papers(shyan was absent btw). So i read through and tried to pick out points etc. Pls note that at this point I still had NOTHING ready. Went to computer room to help with the design of the 3on3 Basketball Form and Pei Huan saw what I was about to deliver for Public Speaking during Breaktime. She advised me not to talk about something I don't know cause i'll surely forget.

How true she was!

But i wasn't stubborn and I listened to her. She gave me an idea of talking about my years in SSC since this would be my final school year. So i listened and thought it was kinda interesting. Afterall, since there was no articles to refer to, less chances to be stuck. And all this happened just 15 mins before the Senior 4/5 Category.

I gambled and it paid off, i think.

As I was called onto stage to speak on my topic which was entitled '7 years'(how cool is that. 7 years means 7 years of SSC btw), I received loud applauses from ppl from my class especially. That really shook my nerves away. So I started and woah, ppl laughed and cheered and etc. I couldn't believe I could actually do such thing. I never expected to be on a stage and make ppl laugh like how they did...

It felt like a dream, really.

Even halfway, i was already saying to myself,''I can't believe I was actually doing this."

But regardless of anything, I finished it and my spontaneous speech was a success by my standards.

Hehehe. Proud of myself.
And oh yea, to whoever who heard me today. Jus wanna let u guys know that :-
1) I wasn't showing off
2) I mentioned Chrisanne not because of anything else but to show that a person whom i talked about even before the school started can be a good friend. I mean most ppl who i know are my close friends too. Not just chrisanne. So no misunderstandings pls.
3) If i could i would had spoke about other ppl but my mind couldn't think properly on stage.
4) I really wasn't prepared so forgive me if I offended anyone in particular.

That's about it for the Public Speaking part. There's a Drama Competition tomorrow too where a team from my class would be representing us. I was actually the director but somehow i was rudely fired. Grr. But i'm still helping though. I wish them all the best!

The following day would be the Debate Finals. Between my team and Haris team. Whole school will be there for I don't know what reason but one thing's for sure, I wouldn't want to embarass myself on that day.

And...
HAZE ALERT!!!

The condition of the haze has gotten from bad to worse. This is really terrible. When I step out from my school it feels like someone is burning something right beside me. Really burny smell and bad for the health too.

Take care of your health everyone!


Hazed
-alexeO-

No comments: