Thursday, August 18, 2005

Debate.And the winners are...

I now know the true meaning of losing something.
The twisted feeling at ur heart. Your heart feels like it's quenching for something. The knock on the head telling you that it's all over. No turning back. You've done it all and yet, you've not won it. The feeling of not knowing what you did wrong..and yet. You lost.

And yea, I lost the Debate Finals. Disappointed I am but it's normal I think. I mean you've worked so hard for something and yet you don't win. I don't know how to describe it. It's best if you feel it yourself.

Well I didn't really 'lose' the debate. Afterall, I got to the finals, beating 3 teams on the way including the team I lost to today. That should be an achievement to be proud of. So i guess i'm not totally upset or anything. Just a little disappointment which is normal.

Was announced Best Speaker for the debate too. :D
My prize was a huge book. Something about Nazis and World War 2.
Quite cool. After all it's the best gift of the day.

The debate had a professional feel to it. With the chairperson,Chrisanne being so formal.. We had a formal feel to it too. I did my best and I guessed it paid off in some way.

Got 2nd place for Public Speaking. That's good too i guess! :D

Considering the prizes i got awarded for today, I guess overall it isn't that bad. In fact it was good. Was expecting trophies but instead got some stationary stuff and the book.

Congrats to 5Science1 for winning the Drama Competition too. I guess we won almost everything that was up for grabs.

Putting the English Week away,
I gotta confess that..
I made a scar on Chrisanne's hand!
Noooo!

I feel really bad for what I did. IT wasn't on purpose of course but still!
I was spinning this thick book with my fingers and suddenly unknowingly, Chrisanne tried to stop it by putting her right hand on to it.

:O!

Bam!

My book fell. That wasn't important. Then I heard an "Ouch!"

A SCAR!!!!
NOOO!!

Mind you the book is not those normal soft plastic covers. IT's the transparent hard binded covers. With really sharp edges.
This happened few days ago.
And the scar is still there. :(

So sorry!

I guess I've said enough.

A special thanks to Chrisanne, Kim, Kah Jin, Teck Eng, Allen, Praveen, the rest of 5Science1 for helping me throughout the English Week.

I wish everyone the best.




Photos next post!
-alexeO-

No comments: