Sunday, April 25, 2010

All in A Day's Work

I survived my first week of work without any major positives or negatives. I like that. At the beginning, I wanted to post a detailed description of what I encountered and felt but I don't feel like doing that anymore. I really like the job scope of my current job, and although I'm obviously not doing much of what I would be doing a lot next time currently, I still like the idea of it. I feel that if you like what you're doing, you will have that extra boost of encouragement to excel in the tasks and hence do well. For now though, I will do whatever assignments I am given and carry them out perfectly and just, to the best of my abilities. I believe if I just do that, no one can complain and I make myself happy so it's a win-win situation. I enjoy the working environment. I have many colleagues, mostly female, and young. The office is always busy, and casual at the same time. I also like the fact that I am working with big companies whom are our clients, and I've always been interested in advertisements in general. A receptionist greets me every morning on the way to my desk, and I would take a peek inside the CEO's office before reaching my seat. I am still adjusting to this life, in terms of my body clock and the work-life balance. I still have so much to learn and know and I still do not think I am productive or assisting enough as I could be doing. I am not desperate or worried though, as I am still very much fresh meat and I know with a little bit of patience from myself and my work-mates, that day would come sooner than later and I personally cannot wait for it. I cannot be bothered by what people think, but just set my mind to my goals and objectives and work hard to reaching them. At the same time, I will be approachable and curious but will not be too excessively and unnecessarily inquisitive for fear of being an annoyance. My immediate aim is to be accepted into this community and my medium-term objective is to be able to properly balance my work and personal life. My long term goal is to be excellent at my job. Despite the pay, my salary would not be a discouraging factor to me as money is not my highest priority, for now at least and that's something I'm thankful that I'm privileged for. Ultimately, I hope I can continue to find the motivation to my working life and I hope this post would serve as a reminder whenever I question myself. I know inside I have what it takes so I really do not want anything unnecessary to stop me. I will take things step-by-step as after all, you can only beat what's in front of you.

And fundamentally, I will do all that without losing myself in the process.




AYCY

2 comments:

Alva said...

I hope to see the new (and old) alex when i go back to visit. :)

Alex Yeo said...

i'm still the same ol', same ol'.