Monday, November 09, 2009

Tolerance

I think, in tandem with the International Day for Tolerance on Nov 16, I should work on this aspect I might have a little problem with.

Despite me having certain principles I hold onto, despite me clearly not agreeing with certain qualities people have, I am going to tolerate, and not let that affect my own happiness in life.

For too long, I have been swayed by others, I let my own happiness get depended unto them, and I feel discouraged when I see someone goes against what I constitute as basic human virtues.

I am not going to make it my concern anymore unless I am asked or required to. I always thought the best way to live life is to be as honest as possible with my emotions and just speak my mind every single time.

I realised that cannot be the way anymore because firstly, clearly not everyone appreciate my comments and secondly, they probably didn't deserve my time and effort in the first place anyway.

So I might feel uneasy with a certain person, heck, I might even hate being around that person, but I'm not going to let their contradictory ways get to me personally. Because I am going to tolerate.

There is only this much someone can change, and chances are, they probably wouldn't even appreciate your time and effort to begin with.

If they want to change, they would, eventually.

On a sidenote, I still don't know what I'm going to do after this year. And I still have my last exam ever in my life to sit for at the end of this week.

Hopefully I get my body clock fixed in time.



-alexeO-

No comments: