Thursday, January 27, 2005

Cross country

The day started with a bloody tired body that had to wake up in the early hours of the morning. Did my usual morning stuff before i started the journey to school that was actually promising me great hopes and dreams. Before i entered the bus, realised that i was wearing my black leather shoes with trackbottom so i asked my uncle to wait and changed to my sport shoes. Not that it made any difference anyway. I never expected i'll reach my home again in a different mood alltogether.

So I arrived in school tired, and feeling kinda excited at the same time deep down inside. I'll have the cross country event at 8:30 am! , just when the first bell of the school rings. We assembled at the foyer at first and got seperated into our individual houses. I'm in the spirited Yellow btw, and i'm still proud of it. We did a few body warm ups and got to hear some motivational thing. The whole group of Yellow arrived at the Starting Point together and we met the other houses over there. The cross country event is divided into 4 categories btw. Class 1 , Class 2 Girls and Class 1, Class 2 Boys. So as I waved goodbye to the other classes who departed group by group to start the grueling race, I was slowly building up a sense of nervousness inside me. Haha. Not like it matters anyway, again. So we assembled there and got our faces taken by some Smartphone with this nice little camera. Not long later, the whistle blew, and we were off.

The famous uphill at the starting point is the killer, really. After jogging up the hill in a good speed so that i will not embarass myself to death for being last in the pack since start, i thought i could manage to pull myself through after that. But omg, my legs failed me badly. My whole leg was so numb or something and felt so so weak. I finished the cross country with my right leg all numb and both my legs struggling to stand up. It's already a well known fact that i will get 1 point. and I did. even some of the best runners couldnt get 2 points. A special thx to Kin for accompanying me all the way and no thx to Kin also for being a lanci prick the whole way through.

I arrived gracefully at the pitstop with a broad smile on my face and inserted my slip of paper with a big '1' in the center to the yellow coloured box. The Yellows were told to go to the foyer so we went, still not sure of the overall results. Mr.Ariff came in and announced we got Second.Gosh. We had 82 points, lost to blue, 84. and Red had 76. There were cheers and applause and everything except disappointment. We were so proud of ourselves. After that, we had our marching practices along with the cheerleading practices so everyone splitted up to do their own thing. All the things that happened after the practices were nothing compared to the news I heard during the assembly at the foyer after Lunch.

I went down straight to the foyer after the light cheerleading practice in the hall and i saw Aiza as usual speaking loudly and angrily at the students. Waited and waited for the announcements to finish and finally Ms.Ki, the sports coordinator this year, came out and spoke. She said she was happy bla bla bla for the success of the cross country and how 'disciplined' we were. And then after that, she started to read out the results. Below is what she actually said:-


Ms.Ki : You all wanna know the results for the cross country rite?

Students : YESSSS~~~~ (dragged long and loudly)

Ms.Ki : Ok, (opens her book) Red house, got 76 points. Blue house got 84 points. And Yellow house got 82 points.

Students : *Cheers, boos, jeers*

Ms.Ki : Wait! Before you are so happy, those are not the final results yet! The top 3 runners of every category gets extra points for their house!

Me : (OMG. SOUNDS BAD.)

Ms.Ki : (continues)... first place will get 10 points, second will get 7 and third will get 4...

Students : *Mixed emotions and words*

Ms.Ki : ok......if added, Blue is still first with 12# points!

Students : *Loud Cheer*

Ms.Ki : Red has 10# points and Yellow got 93 points.

Me : *faints* *and then looks at a few people from my house and there were this weird emotion in their faces. Little did i know I had that very same emotion too*

After that, all i heard was soft and blur mumblings but i managed to caught one more line from Ms.Ki

Ms.Ki : This is more fair because red has less members. Quality, not quantity is the most important.

OMG. WHAT IS THIS?! WE WERE ROBBED. TO THE MAX.
This sux. I'm sure it has ruined our spirit some way or the other. To say it hasn't is a lie really. AT first, every member in Yellow were really really so confident and so spirited. And now, this. I really really am worried for this thing. At first i was damn happy cause this year everyone this year in my house looked so confident, strong-willed and proud to be in Yellow. For those who were in Cahaya for many years, everyone knows it is a disgrace for someone to be in Yellow and everyone will become dead when it comes to team spirit(eventhough i don't agree). And for once when i noticed a change, this happens.

It is worst then telling us we got last without having a single clue of the results at all. Like i said to my other frens, we were pierced by false hopes and stabbed by the happiness that actually meant nothing at all. We don't deserve this, and neither should anyone at all.

And besides, if anyone thinks there are nothing fairer that the system that robbed Yellow, well there actually is one. I wouldn't mind getting last at all if there is this system where everyone in the top 10 gets extra points, not only the top 3. As in the first will get 10, second 9, third 8 and so on. Till the 8th place with 3 points and the rest who made the qualifying time get the 2 points. If u only take the top 3, it'll be ultimately unfair because one house may have 3 best runners and just because of that, they get an extra 10+7+4 which is also equal to 21 points. That is also, 10 and a half ppl who make the qualifying time or also a huge TWENTY ONE people who got 1 point. So so unfair.

Oh well, to look on the brighter side, next week there will be 40 points up for grabs! It'll be the under 18 and under 15 Tug-of-War competition for male and female on Tuesday and Thursday respectively. Today we lost 6, what's the big deal rite? Next week, with every little strength and determination we have, we're gonna own. Hopefully.



Till then,
It is not over yet.

-alexeO-



No comments: